Rules of the Photoshoot contest
- The contest must be entered as a collaboration between the photographer and model(s). The cosplayer can enter the contest as a model for two different photographers at maximum.
- The contest will feature a preliminary judging*, of which ten (10) of the best photos are chosen. These will later be judged by the final panel of judges. The preliminary and final judging will be conducted by a panel of different judges.
*A preliminary judging will be held in case the contest is entered by more than 15 photographers.
- The contest must be entered with the final photo as well as the original raw image the way it was featured in the camera.
- The long side of the image must be 2048 pixels.
- The images must be sent through a file sharing program such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
- The image must be named according to the following guidelines: f.ex. nameofphotogapher_raw.dng and nameofphotographer_edit.jpg
Applications for the contest open on June 18th, 2018 at 8 pm. The latest date to publish / sign up with a photo is June 30th, 2018 at 8 pm. Any images delivered / published after this time will not be applicable for the contest. Any files named incorrectly may also lead to reduction in points.
Judging criteria for the Photoshoot contest
- Technical expertise of the image (is the image burnt, quality of sharpness, are there cut-off toes, etc.).
- Instruction of model(s) and/or natural pose in the image.
- Likeness to source / original character.
- Splendor of the image.
- Meaning and/or story behind the image.
- Insightful use of the shoot location.
- Content of the image.
Rules of the Hall Cosplay contest
- The contest can be entered as a single cosplayer or as a couple.
- Participation in the contest includes checking in at the day of the contest, a photoshoot, preliminary judging and appearance in the stage performance.
- The contest cannot be entered with a costume that has ranked in a contest at some previous event.
- The costume must be handmade, although minor help by friends or family with the construction of the costume is permitted. Modified ready-made clothes may be used. Costumes purchased ready-made or custom-made are not permitted. In case of any confusion, please contact email@example.com
- Costumes based on characters from animations, comics, films, TV shows, video games etc. other fictional material are permitted regardless of their country of origin. The character must feature official, published art/images. In case of any confusion, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The contestant has the right to decline the invitation to participate.
- The top three of both categories will be awarded